On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Dave Shield <d.t.shi...@liverpool.ac.uk>wrote:

> On 5 October 2010 15:40, Fulko Hew <fulko....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > But that would mean that it (the example code) was 'built' into the  5.5
> > release.
> >    I wouldn't have expected that.  :-(
>
> For a while now, I've been trying to get a description of the exact
> procedure for building a binary release on a variety of systems
> (including Windows).
>   Partly so we are not so dependent on one or two individuals
> for any given architecture, and partly so we can ensure that the
> wider Net-SNMP community can know what to expect.
>

> We've an admin meeting coming up next week.
> I'll raise the issue there.

Progress is always 'good'... unfortunately is usually painful.

FYI.  I just discovered why my search originally didn't turn up anything...
I had my blinders on and saw that the walk returned ucdavis.254,
(so thats what I was (only) looking for)
but the corresponding MIB (NET-SNMP_PASS_MIB) is defined as .255,
And the examples.c file uses .254.

So... Tthe .c file doesn't match the MIB. (one of them needs to change)...
'bug'.