On 6 October 2010 19:39, Parth Bakshi <pab8...@rit.edu> wrote:
> $ snmpgetnext -v 2c -c public localhost
>        ospf.ospfGeneralGroup.ospfRouterId
> ospf.ospfGeneralGroup.ospfRouterId: Unknown Object Identifier
>       (Sub-id not found: (top) -> ospf)

>$ snmpgetnext -v 2c -c public localhost
>         RFC1253-MIB::ospf.ospfGeneralGroup.ospfRouterId
> HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrSystemUptime.0 = Timeticks: (917941) 2:32:59.41

There are two issues here.

Firstly, the local SNMP library isn't loading RFC1253-MIB by default,
so snmpgetnext doesn't understand what 'ospfRouterId' means

Wes has told you how to deal with this.

Secondly, the agent that you are querying probably doesn't support the OSPF
information (or if it does, then you don't have access to it).   That may be
harder to fix.
    You probably need to talk to the vendor of the SNMP agent, to see whether
the agent supports the OSPF group or not.   (And if this is the Net-SNMP agent,
then the answer is no - our agent does *not* support this MIB).

The only way to fix that is to write the necessary code to add this
functionality
to the agent (or pay the vendor to do this for you).

If the agent *does* support this MIB, then you need to look at the
access control
settings of the agent.   But there's no point in doing that until
you've discovered
whether the agent provides that information in the first place.