> You should then be able to run "make ; make install"
> and it will only re-compile the new module (plus a couple
> of other files), rather than the whole thing.
>

> Dave

Not to go off-topic, but is there any real need to run "make install" in
this case? If I understood Leo correctly, all he wants to do is check for
syntax/compile errors and THAT should be handled by a simple "make" right?
Running "make install" would needlessly copy over the binaries from his
development environment to the host system. For verifying the binaries,
wouldn't it be enough to just run it directly from the files created with
"make" ?

Puzzled,
Abraham V.