On 19 October 2010 16:07, Leo Lin <hayashi_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> snmpwalk –v1 –cprivate localhost AlarmDateTime // works OK
> snmpwalk –v1 –cprivate localhost AlarmType        // works OK
> snmpwalk –v1 –cprivate localhost AlarmDescription // hangs @
> AlarmDescription.2

You're thinking of this in the wrong way.

It's not hanging at alarmDescription.2  (i.e the end of table1)
It's actually hanging at the beginning of table2.
   Remember that the client (snmpwalk or snmpgetnext) doesn't
know that alarmDescription.2 is the last entry in the table.
It has to ask for the next value (which is actually in table2).

Only when that value is returned, does snmpwalk know that it's
time to stop.  If the agent hangs in table2, then snmpwalk will
never get this (unwanted) response.

> Of course, this is with the net-snmp helper,
> I will try with my own module (snmpd –agent.c table.c) and see if there’s any
> errors.

Given that we've established that the problem lies in table2  (i.e. conf.c),
I'm not sure why you need to investigate further with table.c