On 19 October 2010 19:23, Fulko Hew <fulko....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've browsed a Microsoft Windows Server 2008 system running
> Net-SNMP v5.5 (with DLL support) and I see the following
> variables [icmp 27 & 28] returned.  Can anyone enlighten me
> on what MIB defines these?
>
> I found RFC-2011 had originally defined icmp.27 and .28,

No - RFC 2011 objects went up to icmp.26, but didn't include 27 & 28

These OIDs were introduced as part of developing the IPv6 capable
revision of this MIB (defining initial versions of inetIcmpTable and
inetIcmpMsgTable) and appeared in early versions of
draft-ietf-ipngwg-rfc2011-update-xx.txt

  It appears that these two tables were moved to .29 and .30
in revision 08 of this draft, and then became icmpStatsTable
and icmpMsgStatsTable in the final RFC 4293

You'd need to ask Microsoft why they are implementing objects
from an (expired) internet draft, rather than the final RFC.