On 25 February 2011 17:06, Martin Townsend
<martin.towns...@power-oasis.com> wrote:
> Does the Net-SNMP library cache results of a SNMP Get Request?

No.

The only caching is within the SNMP agent
(which depends on the individual MIB module implementation)

But even there, the SET request ought to invalidate this caching.

>   I have an
> application that performs an SNMP Get Request, checks to see if the value is
> different that what the application wants and if so send a Set Request to
> change it.  This happens every second.  The problem I'm seeing is that after
> the set request the next get request returns the value previous to the set.

The first thing I'd try would be to increase the timeout between queries.
Do you see the same effect if the query is repeated every five seconds,
(or every sixty seconds, etc)?

The other thing to check is whether the second request is actually being
received by the agent  (and if so, what value it returns).
   Try running the agent with the flag -d,  and or -Ddump