[ First - *please* don't mail me privately, without copying
     any responses to the mailing list.  I don't have the time
     or inclination to offer private, unpaid, SNMP consultancy.
     Keep discussions to the list, where others can both learn
     and offer advice.  Thanks.   ]

On 15 March 2011 09:43, Naama Bar Menachem
<naama.barmenac...@novelsat.com> wrote:
> Thanks, however the snmpusm application must get a user+password of an
> executing user.
> Therefore I need to hold such user and password, which can be a security
> problem for me....

Well, if you are looking for a remote solution, using "snmpset"
(or equivalent) then yes - you will need an existing user in order
to send the SET request.
  If you can't talk to the agent in the first place, then you can't
really do anything remotely!