Hi,

I encountered a strange error compiling the tutorial agent on my new Debian
Squeeze system.

I parsed the mibs of the net-snmp tutorial to create the source code:
# mib2c -c /etc/snmp/mib2c.int_watch.conf nstAgentSubagentObject
(...)
writing to nstAgentSubagentObject.h
writing to nstAgentSubagentObject.c
running indent on nstAgentSubagentObject.h
running indent on nstAgentSubagentObject.c

good so far. But when I want to compile the agent the easy way I get an error:
# net-snmp-config --compile-subagent testagent nstAgentSubagentObject.c
generating the tmporary code file: netsnmptmp.5396.c
void init_nstAgentSubagentObject(void);
checking for init_nstAgentSubagentObject in nstAgentSubagentObject.c
init_nstAgentSubagentObject(void)
shift: 672: can't shift that many

Any ideas?

--