Wups, I was too quick in my testing there:

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 12:48 PM, Peter Valdemar Mørch <pe...@morch.com>wrote:

> It seems one can force (re?)-loading of IF-MIB after 'ALL' like this: -mALL
> -mIF-MIB / SNMP::loadModules('ALL'); SNMP::loadModules('IF-MIB') to force
> IF-MIB to load after RFC1213-MIB.

And that works for IF-MIB:

# snmpwalk -M$DIRS -mALL -v2c -c$COMMUNITY $IP ifType | head -n 1
RFC1213-MIB::ifType.1 = INTEGER: 53
# snmpwalk -M$DIRS -mALL -mIF-MIB -v2c -c$COMMUNITY $IP ifType | head -n 1
IF-MIB::ifType.1 = INTEGER: propVirtual(53)

But then one can't access anything from any other mib as this shows:

# snmpwalk -M$DIRS -mALL -mIF-MIB -v2c -c$COMMUNITY $IP lmTempSensorsTable
lmTempSensorsTable: Unknown Object Identifier (Sub-id not found: (top) ->
lmTempSensorsTable)

# snmpwalk -M$DIRS -mALL -v2c -c$COMMUNITY $IP lmTempSensorsTable
LM-SENSORS-MIB::lmTempSensorsTable = No Such Object available on this agent
at this OID
(yeah, there is no such instance on the equipment, but snmpwalk could find
the OID)

So, given that RFC1213-MIB is in ./mibs/, is there any way I can use -mALL
or the perl equivalent and still get the (newer) ifTable definition from
IF-MIB?

My next approach would be:

# cp -a /usr/share/snmp/mibs /some/dir
# rm /some/dir/RFC1213-MIB.txt
# snmpwalk -M/some/dir:/my/mibs -mALL ...

But it is such a hack! I'm hoping you guys have a better way!
--
Peter Valdemar Mørch
http://www.morch.com