On 11 July 2011 18:38, Zack Little <zackl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>         how would I use the InetAddress object binary string to return
> an IPv6 address in my custom MIB?  None of those types seem related to a
> binary string.

I haven't checked the code, but it should be possible to use the 'string'
type to return a binary string value, as well as regular ASCII strings.

Try it.

>                 The situation with snmptrap seems better
> because it can accept arguments with a type of "HEX STRING" or "DECIMAL
> STRING".  I don't know how to convert an IPv6 address into that format
> though.

Try querying the agent for an existing table object that shows such
an IPv6 address, and use the '-d' flag to dump the raw packets.
That will show how IPv6 addresses are represented.

Or see the description in the INET-ADDRESS-MIB