Your message dated: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 15:59:08 BST
> On 25 August 2011 14:42, Michael Urban <ur...@panix.com> wrote:
> >              my build does not seem to be compiling anything in
> > the mibgroup/hardware/fsys directory that might actually initialize
> > the data structures for hw_fsys.c - only fsys_void.c is being
> > compiled. I am doing a pretty ordinary 'configure' command, so it
> > is hard to understand why this is happening.
> >
> > What shall I try?
>
> Have a look at include/net-snmp/net-snmp-config.h
>
> Are any of
>     HAVE_GETVFSSTAT
>     HAVE_GETFSSTAT
> or
>     HAVE_GETMNTENT
> defined?
>    (Most probably the third)

Yes; even though HAVE_GETMNTENT is defined, for some reason
fsys_void.c still gets compiled, and fsys_getmntent does not.
I eventually 'fixed' (worked around) this problem by doing

  configure --with-mib-modules=hardware/fsys/fsys_mntent

after removing the '#else ... fsys_void.h'  business from
agent/mibgroup/hardware/fsys.h

This looks like some kind of bug in the configuration process,
which I do not pretend to begin to understand, but at least
I've got it working for now.