On 14 September 2011 18:30, Jon Jon <mailing.list.vie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>     my ($handler, $registration_info, $request_info, $requests) = @_;
>
>     my $this_request = $request->next();

> When run I get the following error:
> Can't call method "next" on an undefined value at
> /root/snmp_monitor/trunk/SNMPMonitor/Plugin/Atest.pm line 24.

That sounds right.
The handler routine is passed a variable that you have called
'requests'   (plural)
but you are trying to dereference a variable called 'request'  (singular)
This second variable has not been initialised, so will indeed be undefined.

The normal code framework would look something like

     my ($handler, $registration_info, $request_info, $requests) = @_;

     for ( $this_request = $requests;   $this_request;
$this_request=$this_request->next()) {
         # do something with $this_request
     }

to handle the possibility of being passed several varbinds to process in one go.

Your example code looks to be trying to set a value for the *second* varbind
in the request list,  which will obviously fail if there is only one
(the most common case)