On 22 November 2011 19:28, Abhishek Kumar-Noida <abhishek.k...@hcl.com> wrote:
> I am trying to get SNMPWALK from V3 however unable to do the same. I am
> getting SNMPWALK via V2 from same host however not from V3.

First question - how is the agent configured?
What access control settings are in place?

(Probably lines such as "createUser" and "rouser", etc)

> I have UID, Password and encryption key. And running following syntax.
> Can you please guide me if syntax is wrong?

> snmpwalk -v 3 -On -u <user> -l AuthPriv -a SHA -A <auth_password>

All of that is OK...

> -X <encryption_password> -m ALL <HOST_IP>

You probably need to specify the encryption protocol to use
Try adding the option   "-x DES"   (or whatever has been set
up in the snmpd.conf file)

Personally, I'd start by walking the system group (rather than
the whole tree), and wouldn't bother with "-m ALL" to begin with,

Your basic command should probably be something like

   snmpwalk -v3 -u <user> -l authPriv  -a SHA -A <authPass> -x DES -X
<privPass> <IP> system

But this very much relies on corresponding configuration in the agent
that you are talking to.