Hello Sir/Madam

                                                From past few days I'm
trying hard to configure snmpv3 . These are the things I have tried:

1)      I downloaded net-snmp-5.7.0-1.x86.exe

2)      Then I configured using snmpconf -g basic_setup through the command
line.

3)      For snmpv3 I created users like raj with noauth(no authentication)
and many more users with auth and priv

4)      After which the snmpd.conf file will be created in the c:/usr/bin
directory, I copied and pasted it in C:/usr/etc/snmp

5)      Then I tried the following in the command prompt: c:/usr/bin>snmpget
-v 3 -l noAuthNoPriv -u raj localhost sysUpTime.0

6)      I got the output as : snmpget: unknown user

So please help me what to do next.

Regards

Rajshekar T

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011