On 1/3/12, Tao Zhou <moon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> './configure' runs successful without problem, but when I try to 'make', it
> just reports below error message:
     ... snip ...
> I searched in Google without any luck, seems nobody has encountered the
> same problem, or no one is compiling net-snmp in Cygwin now?

I just tried building net-snmp-5.7.1.tar.gz with cygwin & it works for me.

> my Cygwin setup is as below:
> CYGWIN_NT-6.1 Cygwin 1.7.9(0.237/5/3) 2011-03-29 10:10 i686 Cygwin

mine starts off with
  CYGWIN_NT-6.0-WOW64
but the rest is the same.

> gcc version:
> $ gcc --version
> gcc (GCC) 3.4.4 (cygming special, gdc 0.12, using dmd 0.125)

same here

> If someone knows how to fix this problem, please kindly help me out of this
> problem, thanks!

There was a fairly recent thread on the cygwin mailing list for what
might be the same problem.  Turns out they used Winzip to unpack the
archive and that changed [some?] line endings to CRLF.  The suggested
fix on the mailing list was to use the cygwin command line tools to
unpack the archive but I used 7-Zip

Lee