From: Mohammad Waqas Athar <mohwaqa...@hotmail.com>
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 4:52 AM
To: Zain Mirza <zain.mi...@hughes.com>; net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
<net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: RE: how to use net-snmp for monitoring java processes in linux

Well it seems like you have not seen any tutorials on net-snmp.
First of all you need to create mib files for all the parameters that you want
to monitor.Then you have to extend your snmpd agent so that it answers request
for your parameters.For this you have to use mib2c to generate code. Follow
examples given here http://www.net-snmp.org/docs/man/mib2c.html
Then you need to compile your code as sub agent or dynamic loadable object
http://www.net-snmp.org/wiki/index.php/TUT:Writing_a_Subagent
http://www.net-snmp.org/wiki/index.php/TUT:Writing_a_Dynamically_Loadable_Object

Once that is done you need to configure your snmpd.conf, run your agent and
query your parameters. This is just the guideline . Please see net-snmp
tutorial for a detailed info
You can integrate file reading/writing or database in the code generated by
mib2c.For this you need to see the above tutorials.With this your agent will be
able to interact with db or file.

Regards