Hello All
We are  using net-snmp 5.7.1 and extended the snmp agent with our enterprise
specific mibs. We have used “ mib2c -c mib2c.iterate.conf” option to generate
skeleton code for Table objects. Now the tables we are implementing contains
dynamic data, so as per our implementation, the snmpd fetches current data on
every time it gets a walk request(after catche time out time ). However it
takes a long time to fetch the data from third party service (CORBA service in
our case) and loading it in snmp table. During this it responds back timeout
for the snmp walk request (Timeout: No Response from xxx.xxx.xxx.xx)
We also tried out using increase cache time out “(define
XX_PORTGROUPTABLE_TIMEOUT  60 “ to 600) and using option –t in snmp utility
side.

1.       We would like to know what is the best approach to implement dynamic
table object in net-snmp? We are re-populating the complete table for snmp walk
request if the time lag between two successive requests exceeds the cache
timeout. Is it the right approach ?
2.       Does net-snmp support retry mechanism? i.e. Since in our case it takes
around 5-10 minutes to populate complete table, is there any way that will keep
the client session alive instead of responding timeout.

~Suresh