I need to have a script called when certain trap notifications are
triggered.  My /etc/default/snmp has the following:

export MIBDIRS=/usr/share/snmp/mibs
SNMPDRUN=yes
SNMPDOPTS='-Lsd -Lf /dev/null -u snmp -g snmp -I-smux -p /var/run/snmpd.pid'
TRAPDRUN=yes
TRAPDOPTS='-Lsd -Lf /dev/null -u snmp -g snmp -p /var/run/snmptrapd.pid'
SNMPDCOMPAT=yes

And my /etc/snmp/snmptrapd.conf has this:

authCommunity log,execute,net public
ignoreAuthFailure no
logOption LS7d
traphandle default /usr/sbin/my-trap-script
#forward default udp:192.168.1.33:161

The problem is the test script /usr/sbin/my-trap-script is not getting
called when I try and trigger a trap.  I'm attempting to send the trap
using a function that was generated with:    mib2c -c mib2c.notify.conf
myTestMib

Unfortunately, I see nothing being logged by syslog.  The only hint that
something has gone wrong is the following logged to stderr from my app when
I call the function to send the trap:

No log handling enabled - turning on stderr logging
truncating integer value > 32 bits

Am I using the "traphandle" command wrong?  Is there something else I'm
missing?  Thanks in advance!

Stéphane Charette