Hi,

We're using snmptrapd to log traps into a file, which in turn is
parsed by a script of ours.

The format string looks like this for v1 traps:

format1 <stuff>% VARS:\t.1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3.0 = Timeticks:
(%T)|#|.1.3.6.1.6.3.1.1.4.1.0 = OID: %N.0.%q|#|%vEOR\n

(Yes, we are assuming that "|#|" and "EOR" are uncommon strings in our
traps... =)  )

My problem is that it seems like the behavior of %q is not consistent
across net-snmp versions. On some versions, it seems to append a
period character before the specific trap number. On some version, it
doesn't.
Can anyone with insight into the source code tell me in which version
this change happened?

Of course, it's easy enough for me to change the syntax to read "OID:
%N.0%q" (without the period), but I would love to have a version of
the snmptrapd.conf for each behavior, and hopefully know on which
target system to apply which.

BR,
Joel