Hi SNMP users,

In a network virtualisation environment I am using snmp to collect
network information. For the most this has worked great. Yet when I
recently tried to query the router table I could not retrieve the
metric of the routes. (The OID was not set.)

As most of the other OIDs are working flawlessly, I am not sure what
the reasons for this behavior could be. Or even how this could be
fixed.

Any ideas, pointers on the matter would be highly appreciated!

Best,
Niklas

More info
OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Net-snmp: 5.4.3
virtualisation toolkit: netkit from wiki.netkit.org
the problematic OID: ipRouteMetric1: 1.3.6.1.2.1.4.21.1.3.<IP of Destination>
(still the metric appears in "route -n" and the adjacent OIDs are also working.)