Hi Dave i'm using net-snmp 5.7.1 version.

Can we create a session with SNMP Manger using net-snmp agent? For example, we
have configured certain IP addresses that are allowed to access the agent. Is
there a way we can create and maintain sessions with those managers?

IS the response to the below query correct?

      Customer:  To add to the list of questions/features: how are we handling
the sessions? Can we see all the logged in session – Web, TL1 and SNMP? There
is a cancel session feature which is also required from SNMP – where an admin
user can cancel other user sessions. Think about how can this be achieved in
SNMP.
Developer: Yes, you can see all the logged in sessions from SNMP. SNMP Manager
itself does not create a session with the agent and hence it cannot be stored
anywhere. Every operation in SNMP is considered as an independent operation
without any session associated with it.

~Suresh