On 5 July 2012 16:30, Stone, Thomas <thomas.st...@safenet-inc.com> wrote:
> Cross-compiling netsnmp 5.6.1.1 in CentOS for a Tilera target.  All of the
> enterprise MIBs show up and I can get/set attributes in them but our traps
> are going nowhere.

Are the traps being sent (and discarded), or are they not being sent at all?
Are they being sent by the Net-SNMP agent - or some other source?
What configuration do you have in place for specifying the trap destinations?

> We are migrating from netsnmp 5.2.4 to 5.6.1.1.  No modifications have been
> made to the product portion of the code that sets up the snmp.conf

Do you mean 'snmp.conf' or 'snmpd.conf' ?

> and spawns the netsnmp process.  Are there any changes/additions needed
> for the trap handling between 5.2.4 and 5.6.1.1?

If the traps are being received but discarded, then you're probably missing
the necessary access control settings within the snmptrapd.conf file.
See the section on access control in the snmptrapd.conf(5) man page