On 30 July 2012 12:36, vishal kumar <vishal3.ku...@gmail.com> wrote:
> snmp agent is not releasing the socket created for sending traps to
> configured manages:

Correct.
That socket would normally be used for sending all future
notifications to that destination, so will be held open until
the agent shuts down.

> Why we are not releasing the socket created after sending the trap to
> manager...

Because the expectation is that it will be re-used in the future.

The real question is:
> The socket re created every time in ' netsnmp_tdomain_transport_full' call
> for the same destination

Why is create_trap_session2 (and hence netsnmp_tdomain_transport_full())
getting called repeatedly?
   Normal operation would be for this routine to be called when the agent
starts up, and reads the config file directive to set up a trap destination.
It's wouldn't normally be processed again.

  I can believe that there might be a memory leak when the config file
is re-read.   I haven't checked the code, but it's possible that the trap
destination might be re-created then.
   But certainly in normal operation, I wouldn't expect to see a steady
memory leak after every trap.

Can you please clarify the exact circumstances in which you are seeing
this leak?