Is it that OBJECT IDENTIFIER should have the DESCRIPTION & STATUS clause?
Is that the only difference?

--- On Wed, 10/17/12, Benix Vincent <benixvinc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Benix Vincent <benixvinc...@yahoo.com>
Subject: OBJECT IDENTIFIER MACRO
To: "netsnmp" <net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Date: Wednesday, October 17, 2012, 5:36 AM

To create a new branch rtmib, from dhct node I have the entry as below in mib
file.
Though trmib has many children, it is not manageable by itself.
Hence, I used the MACRO 'OBJECT IDENTIFIER'
-- 1.3.6.1.4.1.xxx.5.1.10.28        rtmib OBJECT IDENTIFIER        STATUS
       current        DESCRIPTION         "text with description."        ::= {
dhct 28 }
Is above
 right?
Regards,Vincent.