On 29 October 2012 10:10, Sverre Moe <sve...@spacetec.no> wrote:
> I have tried to seperate the registration call into two separate statements,
> same result. None of these are actually failing. When I call
> netsnmp_register_scalar(handler), it returns -1 which is
> MIB_DUPLICATE_REGISTRATION.

So the 'netsnmp_create_handler_registration'  call succeeds
(returns a non-null value), but the 'netsnmp_register_scalar'
call fails (returns -1)  -  correct?

> How do I "Turn on packet dumps in the AgentX subagent" ?

Either
           netsnmp_ds_set_boolean(NETSNMP_DS_LIBRARY_ID,
                                   NETSNMP_DS_LIB_DUMP_PACKET,
                                   ++snmp_dump_packet);
 or
            debug_register_tokens("dump");
            snmp_set_do_debugging(1);

Put one or other of these statements into the main block of your
subagent code - before the 'init_snmp' and similar setup.
The first will turn on raw packet dumps (which are more compact,
but less immediately meaningful).  The second enables "parsed
dumps" which are probably easier to follow, if a little verbose.

If you're not sure what you are seeing, post the text of these dumps,
together with what you think the OIDs being registered should be.