❦  5 décembre 2012 04:57 CET, "Zheng, Wenjie (Barclay)"
<barclay.zh...@alcatel-lucent.com> :

> By studying and testing SNMP performance these days, I found that X-agent is
> not efficient as I expected:
> SNMP sub-agent mode slows down the total time of getbulk, by change
> the SNMP agent architecture from master and sub-agent to only one
> agent, the performance improves dramatically.
> See below for some test result, with sub-agent, the getbulk time is
> approximately 3 times than the time without sub-agent.

>  Table                        No SubAgent     with Sub Agent
> 16oid, 18 rows                4s              13s
> 5 oid, 500 rows               38s             140s
> 70 oid, 70 rows               35s             152s

With or without subagent, the performances are terrible here. You should
search first why you need 4s to get 18 rows. I suspect that you use a
blocking call to get your data. Fix this and you should get similar
performance with and without subagent.
--
printk("MASQUERADE: No route: Rusty's brain broke!\n");
        2.4.3. linux/net/ipv4/netfilter/ipt_MASQUERADE.c