when I search for "snmp-brige-mib" using locate command, I got the output as

[root@test Downloads]# locate snmp-bridge-mib
/usr/bin/snmp-bridge-mib
/usr/share/man/man1/snmp-bridge-mib.1.gz

but still I was getting the reply to the command

snmpgetnext -v1 -c 'public' 127.0.0.1 1.3.6.1.2.1.17.3

as

HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrSystemUptime.0 = Timeticks: (9178749) 1 day, 1:29:47.49

and not the expected bridge-mib output.

I also tried to apply the patches given in the link provided by you, first
patch gave following output

patching file bridge-mib.h
patching file common_linux.c
patching file common_linux.h
patching file fdb.h
patching file fdb_linux.c
patching file ports.h
patching file ports_linux.c
patching file scalars.h
patching file scalars_linux.c
patching file dot1dBasePortTable.h
patching file dot1dBasePortTable.c
The next patch would create the file dot1dBasePortTable.h,
which already exists!  Assume -R? [n] y
patching file dot1dBasePortTable.h
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
File dot1dBasePortTable.h is not empty after patch, as expected
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file dot1dBasePortTable.h.rej
patching file dot1dBasePortTable_data_access.c
patching file dot1dBasePortTable_data_access.h
patching file dot1dBasePortTable_data_get.c
patching file dot1dBasePortTable_data_get.h
patching file dot1dBasePortTable_data_set.c
patching file dot1dBasePortTable_data_set.h
patching file dot1dBasePortTable_enums.h
patching file dot1dBasePortTable_interface.c
patching file dot1dBasePortTable_interface.h
patching file dot1dBasePortTable_oids.h
patching file dot1dBridge.c
patching file dot1dBridge.h
patching file dot1dBridge_scalars.c
patching file dot1dBridge_scalars.h
patching file dot1dStpPortTable.h
patching file dot1dStpPortTable.c
The next patch would create the file dot1dStpPortTable.h,
which already exists!  Assume -R? [n] y
patching file dot1dStpPortTable.h
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
File dot1dStpPortTable.h is not empty after patch, as expected
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file dot1dStpPortTable.h.rej
patching file dot1dStpPortTable_data_access.c
patching file dot1dStpPortTable_data_access.h
patching file dot1dStpPortTable_data_get.c
patching file dot1dStpPortTable_data_get.h
patching file dot1dStpPortTable_data_set.c
patching file dot1dStpPortTable_data_set.h
patching file dot1dStpPortTable_enums.h
patching file dot1dStpPortTable_interface.c
patching file dot1dStpPortTable_interface.h
patching file dot1dStpPortTable_oids.h
patching file dot1dTpFdbTable.h
patching file dot1dTpFdbTable.c
The next patch would create the file dot1dTpFdbTable.h,
which already exists!  Assume -R? [n] y
patching file dot1dTpFdbTable.h
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
File dot1dTpFdbTable.h is not empty after patch, as expected
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file dot1dTpFdbTable.h.rej
patching file dot1dTpFdbTable_data_access.c
patching file dot1dTpFdbTable_data_access.h
patching file dot1dTpFdbTable_data_get.c
patching file dot1dTpFdbTable_data_get.h
patching file dot1dTpFdbTable_data_set.c
patching file dot1dTpFdbTable_data_set.h
patching file dot1dTpFdbTable_enums.h
patching file dot1dTpFdbTable_interface.c
patching file dot1dTpFdbTable_interface.h
patching file dot1dTpFdbTable_oids.h
patching file dot1dTpPortTable.h
patching file dot1dTpPortTable.c
The next patch would create the file dot1dTpPortTable.h,
which already exists!  Assume -R? [n] y
patching file dot1dTpPortTable.h
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1.
File dot1dTpPortTable.h is not empty after patch, as expected
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file dot1dTpPortTable.h.rej
patching file dot1dTpPortTable_data_access.c
patching file dot1dTpPortTable_data_access.h
patching file dot1dTpPortTable_data_get.c
patching file dot1dTpPortTable_data_get.h
patching file dot1dTpPortTable_data_set.c
patching file dot1dTpPortTable_data_set.h
patching file dot1dTpPortTable_enums.h
patching file dot1dTpPortTable_interface.c
patching file dot1dTpPortTable_interface.h
patching file dot1dTpPortTable_oids.h

please help?