On 3 January 2013 22:18, Wipro-Manish Sharma
<itinfra.supp...@birlasunlife.com> wrote:
> I have AIX server 5300-07-10-0943  and looking for configuration net –snmp
> on the same.
>

> We have installed net-snmp-5.5-1.rpm package on the server but we are
> getting time response output. and in /var/log/snmpd.log we are getting error
> as
>
> "nlist err: neither proc nor _proc found.Warning:
> no access control information configured.
> It's unlikely this agent can serve any useful purpose in this state.
> Run "snmpconf -g basic_setup" to help you configure the snmpd.conf file for
> this agent"

I'll leave someone else to comment on the nlist error,
but the access control issue can be fixed by creating a text file
'snmpd.conf' containing the following:

     rocommunity  public

That should be enough to allow you to query the agent.

There's more information to guide you in the FAQ, man pages, etc