Hi everybody,

I'm trying to use snmptrapd for Windows. I need to use standard output. So in
the registertrapd.bat file I added -f -Lo -Le options like this:

@echo off
 set cmdline="C:\usr\bin\snmptrapd.exe" -register
set additionaloptions= -f -Lo -Le -Lf "C:/usr/log/snmptrapd.log"
echo Registering snmptrapd as a service using the following additional options:
 echo .
 echo %additionaloptions%

echo .
 %cmdline% %additionaloptions%
 echo .
 echo For information on running snmpd.exe and snmptrapd.exe as a Windows
 echo service, see 'How to Register the Net-SNMP Agent and Trap Daemon as
 echo Windows services' in README.win32.
 echo .
 pause

But it doesn't work. The daemons still forks and no datas are sent on standard
output (or the error output).  The logging in the snmptrapd.log is OK.
But another issue is that the logging in the file is really slow. There are few
seconds between the moment I see a trap incoming in Wireshark, and the moment
it's loggued in snmptrapd.log ....

Is someone has a clue?

Kind regards,
Franck

Franck MIRA
Ingénieur
[bmti]
117 rue d'Ollioules
PA la Millonne - 83140 Six-Fours - France
Tel. +33 (0) 4 94 87 07 77
bmti-alcen.com<http://www.bmti-alcen.com>

<<inline: image001.png>>