Hello,

I am using snmptrapd along with snmptt on my server.
I recently did the following configuration on my server:

* Set the listening of snmptrapd to 0.0.0.0 udp/1602 in the init-script
* Duplicating incoming snmp traps with "samplicate", sent to own server
ip/1602 and other host/162
* Logrotate, log-target etc. still the same like it is for nearly a year now

Since this configuration was done it seems that snmptrapd does not write
to /var/log/net-snmpd.log when logrotate did rotate the logfile.
Even though the rights are correct, after a logrotate was issued the
snmptrapd daemon does not log to the file.
Restarting the service appears to solve it. The log file is again filled
with entries.

I am not sure if this is really a logrotate problem - but I can't figure
out what the problem really is, as with restart of service no
permissions or anything change on /var/log/net-snmpd.log
But I have seen this for days now that the log-file is empty after a
logrotate was done until I restart the snmptrapd.

Init-Script start options:

OPTIONS="-Lf /var/log/net-snmpd.log -p /var/run/snmptrapd.pid
udp:0.0.0.0:1602"

Note that samplicate works as it should and traps are in any way
received and processed correctly with snmptrapd and snmptt. It is just a
problem with log-file.

Regards,
Stefan