From: Daniel Wilkes [mailto:daniel.wil...@wmk.govt.nz]
Sent: Thursday, 20 March 2014 12:06 p.m.
To: net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: SNMPGet and Log to file

Hi All,

I'm new to the world of SNMP and am trying to get snmpget to log the result to
a file so I can then parse the result into our SCADA system.

The command I am using is:

snmpget -v 2c -Lf "c:\Net SNMP\Output.txt" -c <community name withheld > <IP
address withheld> 1.3.6.1.4.1.14817.3.3.2.20.1.5.2

And the result is:

SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.14817.3.3.2.20.1.5.2 = INTEGER: -1029

The "c:\Net SNMP\Output.txt" gets created but it is a zero byte file that has
nothing in it, when I expect it to contain the same result text as is displayed
on the screen. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Daniel.

The information contained in this email message is CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION and
may also be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED. It is intended only for the individual or
entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
document is strictly prohibited. If you received this document in error, please
immediately notify us by telephone (+64-3-3118900) and destroy the original
message.

This email has been scrubbed for your protection by SMX.
For more information visit http://smxemail.com