I need to configure Net-SNMP such that only the bare minimum (like zero)
default MIB instrumentations exist for an embedded system.  My intention
is to instrument only a few MIB and hook them up as dynamically loadable
objects.  For example, in my case, an obvious instrumentation that needs
to be removed and replaced with my version is the ifTable and some
scalars in the IF-MIB.

Initially, I started by trying to remove modules, but got into trouble
rather quickly as things wouldn't build.  Then I noticed the without mib
modules with the default_modules.  So, I went with the approach to
removing everything and adding only stuff I need such as dlmod.

I ran configure with the following:
     --with-cflags="-g -O0"

     --with-out-mib-modules=default_modules
     --with-mib-modules=ucd-snmp/dlmod

I did a walk on the OID for iso and got the result I wanted. However, I
have a couple of questions.

1. When I started the SNMP daemon, I the following warnings:

[root@localhost clay]# snmpd -f -Le
/usr/local/share/snmp/snmpd.conf: line 1: Warning: Unknown token:
rocommunity.
/usr/local/share/snmp/snmpd.conf: line 2: Warning: Unknown token:
rwcommunity.
/var/net-snmp/snmpd.0.conf: line 32: Warning: Unknown token: setserialno.
/var/net-snmp/snmpd.0.conf: line 44: Warning: Unknown token: ifXTable.
/var/net-snmp/snmpd.0.conf: line 45: Warning: Unknown token: ifXTable.
NET-SNMP version 5.7.2

How do I get rid of the last three warnings from the snmpd.0.conf file?

2. One of the modules took out the community string support.  When I
issue a snmp command, I can enter anything for a community string and
the command get accepted by the agent.

What module(s) need to be added back in for community string support?

3. Soon, I'm going to need to support SNMPv3.
What modules will I need to add back in to support SNMPv3?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Clay