I have an Ubuntu box running net-snmp 5.7.1 which I have modified to support
ecdsa and sha384.  I have an embedded application running net-snmp 5.6.1.1
which has had the same modification performed and openssl-1.0.1.  The Ubuntu
net-snmp is configured with the joe-cool certificates from the net-snmp tls
tutorial.  The embedded net-snmp has a self-signed cert of type
ecdsa-with-sha384.

At a terminal window on the Ubuntu machine, I enter the following commands:

net-snmp-cert -t remote import remote.crt

snmpget -u rco -l authPriv -x AES -X 'asdASD12!@' -a SHA -A 'asdASD12!@' -T
our_identity=tutorial-joecool -T their_identity=remote -t 10 tls:192.168.1.141
sysUpTime.0

Wireshark has been used to analyze the message exchange.  It has been
configured with the private keys for both entities.  It shows the following
message exchange (tcp acks removed):

Ubuntu send Client Hello

Embedded sends Server Hello, Certificate, Certificate Request, Server Hello Done

Ubuntu sends Certificate, Client Key Exchange

Ubuntu sends Certificate Verify, Change Cipher Spec, Encrypted Handshake Message

Embedded sends New Session Ticket, Change Cipher Spec, Encrypted Handshake

Ubuntu sends Application Data

Embedded sends Encrypted Alert with code 21 (Decryption Failed)

Ubuntu sends Encrypted Alert with code 21 (Decryption Failed)

I am trying to track down the cause of the Encrypted Alert message.  In reading
the RFCs I expected to see a Server Key Exchange message but it seems to be
missing.

Any thoughts/suggestions on the direction I should take for tracking this down
will be greatly appreciated.

Thomas Stone