Hi  Dave,

This is a query  regarding the net-snmp  subagent implementation.

I  am using the net-snmp version 5.1.4 ,in which I have some validation in
commit phase from (data base) and if validation fails my intention is to
return the SNMP ERROR (COMMIT_FAILED) but it looks like the

>From Net-snmp  forum I saw that the Commit phase can’t return errors
(everything is fine then only commit happens)I have moved my code which has
validation to the SET_ACTION Phase ,it works for certain validations. But
while creating a new row making new row status active it returns in
inconsistent value.

Pls help me before my code:

case MODE_SET_COMMIT:

                if (!ci->have_committed) {

                    /** do this once per row only */

                    genRstpTable_commit_row(&ci->data_context, ci->new_row);

                    ci->have_committed = 1;

                }

Break;

After the change                    genRstpTable_commit_row moved to action
code we have removed everything from commit-phase and moved to action
phase).

case MODE_SET_COMMIT:

break:

Can you please let me know any idea on what could be happening the issue.

Thanks,

Harini.

--
Thanks & Regards