Hi Christ,
This sounds like the SNMP agent on your remote machine is having problems
retrieving that data.
You already took a network trace using Wireshark, right? If you want, you
can try doing a manual SNMP get-next command for the last OID seen. You
should see the same timeout occur. That will surely narrow it down to an
agent-side problem.
As a work-around, you could skip walking the ipAddressTable entirely, if
you don't need that data. But since it's Cacti, I guess you're doing
network discovery and this is out of the question?

BR,
Joel