Am Montag, 21. Dezember 2015, 14:27:51 schrieb Simon Chamlian:
> Hi,
>

> Using Ney-SNMP 5.7.1., I have an agent (v3) running.
>

> The user of this agent is responsible for making the server and he is
> complaining that when they change the server to a new server (same machine)
> to communicate to agent:
>
>    a)      They do a GET with empty with empty binding to get the Engine ID
>

>     b)      The engine replies with Unknown Engine ID
>

> After that, they can no longer communicate with the agent.

who "they"?

This is the mechanism to discover the engineID of a unknown device. The
manager should continue and request the information using the discovererd
engineID.

If you have duplicate engineIDs the manager will stop or send out the request
with a wrote bootCount.

See:
https://sys4.de/en/blog/2013/09/23/monitoring-snmpv3-and-engineid/
https://support.zabbix.com/browse/ZBX-8385