Hi,

1. Download net-snmp source code and use cross compiler to compile.
net-snmp souce code has text file 'INSTALL' , it has
more info on compiling net-snmp source code for different arch/platform.
2. After compilation, copy net-snmp libraries, config files and snmpd on to
hardware and run/execute snmpd

   snmp provides standard mibs(system, snmpframework etc...) verify
snmpget/snmpwalk snmpset commands .
You are able to manage the hardware. :)

3. To add your own mib (private mib). This needs practice, however tried to
explain briefly
[Ref:
http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/TUT:mib2c_General_Overview
  http://www.net-snmp.org/tutorial/tutorial-5/toolkit/mib_module/
  3a. Write mib file for the objects [Refer files inside net-snmp/mibs/]
  3b. Use tool 'mib2c' to generate template. They .c .h files (priv_mib.c
priv_mib.h) and only templates, its developer/organization must modify set
and get module according to requirement. [Refer already implemented
standard mibs eg: net-snmp/agent/mibgroup/]
  3c. copy .c and .h files (priv_mib.c priv_mib.h) to
net-snmp/agent/mibgroup/new_folder
       create new_folder.h in net-snmp/agent/mibgroup/new_folder.h and add
line 'config_require(new_folder/priv_mib)'
  3d. RECONFIGURE net-snmp  source code to compile your new priv_mib
    i.e use  option '--with-mib-modules= append your mib' eg:
--with-mib-modules=new_folder
  3e:  RECOMPILE net-snmp source code, fix any compilation error
  3f: copy net-snmp libraries and snmpd on to the hardware
  3g: use snmpget to query on new mib

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Pushpa.T