Then net-snmp agent will not the set the values which has been sent by
 "set" commands if the object value is configured in snmpd.conf file.

following series of command to show it.

cat /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf
syscontact admin

[root@localhost ~]# snmpget -c public localhost sysContact.0
SNMPv2-MIB::sysContact.0 = STRING: admin

after commenting the line syscontact

restart the snmpd server
[root@localhost ~]# systemctl restart snmpd

[root@localhost ~]# snmpget -c public localhost sysContact.0
SNMPv2-MIB::sysContact.0 = STRING: root@localhost

root@localhost is the default one

set the syscontat string

[root@localhost ~]# snmpset -c private localhost sysContact.0 s
"adminstrator"
SNMPv2-MIB::sysContact.0 = STRING: adminstrator
[root@localhost ~]# snmpget -c public localhost sysContact.0
SNMPv2-MIB::sysContact.0 = STRING: adminstrator

Thanks,
Pranesh