When running an agentx sub-agent, and sending traps (v2 traps) from a
non-main thread, I frequently get duplicates sent after a few seconds.
My code is not sending the duplicates, but using wireshark, I can
observe them on the AgentX socket.  (It doesn't matter if I use a socket
or named pipe.)

Has anyone else observed this problem?  If so, what is your workaround?

My workaround is queuing the traps in the non-main threads, and sending
them in the "agent_check_and_process loop."  I'm not keen on this
approach however; it makes the traps rather batchy.

I am running Debian 10 with snmpd v5.7.3.

John