On 2/24/21 1:59 PM, Dachshund Digital wrote:
> Type=simple
> #ExecStart=/usr/sbin/snmpd -f
> ExecStart=/usr/local/sbin/snmpd -f

The snmpd path is set at configure time. If you want snmpd to be
installed into the /usr/sbin folder, please add --prefix=/usr to the
configure options (the default is --prefix=/usr/local).

> And the 5.7.3 unit file was quite different, especially the command line
> parameters for snmpd...

Hmm ... I'm not aware of any command-line parameter changes?

> 3) I have done a few basic snmp queries, and so far so good, I think.
> Anything I am missing here?  Interesting that the snmpd.conf location
> has changed to /usr/local/share/snmp/.

Please add --prefix=/usr to the configure options to make snmpd read
snmpd.conf from /usr/share/snmp.

Bart.