Hi,

I have been trying to implement a configuration where SNMPv3 users can do
snmpset only from localhost. I was able to do the same for SNMPv1 and
SNMPv2 using com2sec to map the community string and source with a security
name.

*com2sec LocalUser   127.0.0.1      dummycommunitycom2sec ExternalUser
 default     dummycommunity view    systemview     included     .1access
 LocalGroup ""      any       noauth    exact  systemview systemview
noneaccess  ExternalGroup ""      any       noauth    exact  systemview
none nonegroup   LocalGroup v2c           LocalUsergroup   ExternalGroup
v2c           ExternalUser*

The only directives I found for configuring user permissions were
*rwuser/rouser
& authuser *but they didn't have any option to specify the source.
So If add a user either the user can read and write from anywhere or the
user can only read.
But I'm unable to find a configuration which can enable snmpset for
localhost and disable the same for all external devices.

Just wanted to know if there is such provision for v3 users or not. If yes,
then how can I do so?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kartik