Hi
I am using net-snmp v 5.8 version in a custom Linux setup. I have
configured a V3 user by following the below steps.

1. Update the createUser directive in persistent snmpd conf file
(var/net-snmp/snmpd.conf in my system)
createUser  testsnmpv3user  SHA  TestAuth123p  AES128 Testpriv123p
2. stop the snmpd process with #kill <snmppid>
3.start snmpd

After starting snmpd, the createUser entry is removed from
/vare/net-snmp/snmpd.con file and also the corresponding usmUser entry with
localized keysis not created.
I see snmpd is not recognizing the added createUsert line in the persistent
file.
snmpwalk is falling with "USM unknown security name (no such user exists)"

However if I change the order of 1 and 2 above by stopping snmpd first and
then updating the createUser line, then I see the usmUser line is updated
successfully.
snmpwalk and sending traps is working fine.
Not sure whether we need some sleep in between snmpd restart.

What is the correct step to follow when creating a V3 user?
Is there some delay need to be given between snmpd stop/start ?

Thanks in advance,
Salim Malik