Hi all,

I'm trying to use net-snmp as part of a FIPS 140-3 submission. One of the
requirements for this is to have a known-answer test (KAT) for the key
derivation function (KDF) that is implemented in snmplib (i.e., generate_Ku() /
generate_Kul()). It's a simple test, just call these functions with some
hard-coded data and check that they output the expected result.
This KAT should run as part of the init phase, and in case of a failure, the
snmp agent?? (forgive me if I got the wrong term - I'm thinking about the snmpd
daemon) should fail to start (i.e., exit with an error code).

I couldn't find any such test already implemented, so I'd like to make my own
patch that adds this functionality.

Question is, where is the best place to add the code for this test? I was
thinking somewhere along the lines of agent/snmpd.c::main() or
agent/snmp_agent.c::init_master_agent(), something like that. Could you share
some thoughts on this? Is there a better place where I could do this test (and
easily exit the process in case of failure)?

Thanks,
Cristian Sandu
This email message and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the
addressees hereof.
This message and any attachments may contain information that is confidential,
privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are prohibited from
reading, disclosing, reproducing, distributing, disseminating or otherwise
using this transmission.
If you have received this message in error, please promptly notify the sender
at Ceragon by reply E-mail and immediately delete this message from your system.