Hi,

Objective: Create a snmpv3 user with blank contextName.

I have netsnmp library code and I create a snmpv3 user with below lines in
snmpd.conf file

group grpSample usm User123

view snmp_view included .1

access grpSample ContextSample any priv exact snmp_view snmp_view none

engineIDType 3

createUser User123 MD5 "Auth_pass" DES "PrivPass"

Now when I contact the printer I get and error saying
Excerpt of response on Mib Browser
Security model: USM
1: usmStatsUnknownUserNames.0 (Counter32) 5

and from command propmt
>snmpget -v3 -l authPriv -u User123 -a MD5 -A "Auth_pass" -x DES -X
"PrivPass" -n "" <Ip> <OID>
snmpget: Unknown user name

I added some logs and can see that the function usm_get_user_from_list()
returns NULL.

In function usm_get_user_from_list, the control never enters the for loop.
So, I guess the usm Userlist is NULL.

Any input would be appreciated.