https://blog.github.com/2018-06-04-github-microsoft/

"We both believe GitHub needs to remain an open platform for all
developers. No matter your language, stack, platform, cloud, or license,
GitHub will continue to be your home—the best place for software creation,
collaboration, and discovery.

We both believe that software development needs to become easier, more
accessible, more intelligent, and more open, so more people can become
developers and existing developers can spend more time focusing on the
unique problems they’re trying to solve.

We both see the growing need for developers and the growing importance of
software in all facets of our lives.

And, most importantly, we both believe we can do greater things together
than alone. Collaboration, after all, is at the heart of everything we do."

But for micro$oft they just bought paradise. I don't know the percentage,
but there are surely outstanding pieces of software on GitHub. And, knowing
IA as we know it, probably all the software there is already cloned
somewhere on micro$oft servers. Do we, as GitHub clients, still have the
time to purge our software out of there? Does it matter (I don't know the
terms of this fusion, but probably there is an issue about that on that
contract)?

And I've been wondering, can we, as a community of paying-clients, process
GitHub, and make at least micro$oft pay an enormous price for it? And we
can get everyone a bit for the inconvenience.

On a serious note: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/4013

best from the cloud

ricardo