Reworking the Archive

http://www.alansondheim.org/DISPERSE1.BMP

Two older pieces of interest

Beatty Pump Organ, 1879, "Golden Tongue"
music for dance / performance for Foofwa d'Imobilite, 2003
http://www.alansondheim.org/Alan2.mp3
Recorded by Foofwa d'Imobilite, remastered 2019

We just repaired the Beatty, which is still running after
140 years. This is an older, long, pieces, created for
performance and dance, as if we were working in a cathedral.

ETC, Experimental TV Center,
Antique Broadcast Text Matrix Piece, 2000

http://www.alansondheim.org/lifeETC.png
http://www.alansondheim.org/lifeETC.mp4

The ETC was an amazing place for me to work; there was so much
equipment! This was made with an antique apparatus for adding
text to tv broadcasts. I loved it! I wish I still had access to
the place which ultimately closed down. I think I had 5-6
residencies there, beginning in the 90s. It was magical, next to
a steel bridge which crossed the Susquehanna River. Of course I
used pickups on the bridge, part of sounding the environment,
which I continue to do. In any case, this small video is a
remnant from that period; I'm going through cdroms and dvds now,
and eventually will work my way back to floppies... More current
work coming down the pike of course of course.