thanks for forwarding this edward. it looks like a good thing to
participate in.

i recently came across https://www.missionlifeforce.org/, initiated by
lawyer polly higgins who is working to make ecocide a crime punishable
in the international courts. not specifically arts-related but it seems
like a really concrete positive thing to do.

On 28.03.19 16:08, Edward Picot via NetBehaviour wrote:

> This just came to me via email:
>
> 'We are facing an unprecedented global emergency, the planet is in
> crisis and we are in the midst of a mass extinction event. Scientists
> believe we have entered a period of abrupt climate breakdown. Carbon
> emissions and temperatures keep rising; ecological collapse has begun.
> On this course we are likely to see abrupt and irreversible
> devastation. The time for denial is over – we know the truth about
> climate change. It is time to act.
>
> ​
>
> This is an invitation to write a letter of response to this crisis.
> This could be a letter to or from the Earth, future or past
> generations, those who hold positions of power and influence, other
> species. The idea is open to interpretation: it can come from a
> personal place, be dramatic in form, be a call to action.
> The invitation is open to all - to think beyond the human narrative
> and to bear witness to the scale and horror of this crisis. This is an
> opportunity to ask how this existential threat affects the way we wish
> to live our lives and the action we take.'
>
> The full call-out is at https://www.letterstotheearth.com/ but the
> deadline is 12 midnight on 29th March, ie. tomorrow - so if you want
> to act, act now!

helen varley jamieson

he...@creative-catalyst.com <mailto:he...@creative-catalyst.com>
http://www.creative-catalyst.com