great!! the link to the stage will be live later this afternoon
(european time), a few hours before the performance, so you can go in to
the stage & make sure it loads for you. it can take a couple of minutes
to load the first time you enter.

if it doesn't load, it will be something to do with flash. you may need
to upgrade the version of flash in your browser. UpStage should work
with any browser, but we know it's not great with IE. most of us are
working in firefox or chrome.

we just had a rehearsal & we have a lot of really great material, if the
goddesses of the internet smile on us tonight it will be a great show :)

h : )

On 11.04.19 22:29, Alan Sondheim wrote:

> Will try to be there as well, thanks!
>
> Best, Alan
>
> On Thu, 11 Apr 2019, Edward Picot via NetBehaviour wrote:
>
>> Thanks for posting this, Helen. I'll certainly try to watch.
>>
>> Edward
>>

>> On 11/04/2019 14:35, Helen Varley Jamieson wrote:
>>
>>       A Cultural Response to the Climate and Ecological Emergency
>>
>>       Join us online on the 12th of April in this global live reading
>>       of letters from humans to the Earth, coinciding with the
>>       Global?Youth Strike for Climate and as part of the lead up to
>>       Extinction Rebellion?s International Rebellion.
>>
>>       When: Friday 12 April, 9pm - 11pm CET. Find your local time
>>       here.
>>       Where: There will be a link to the live stage here, shortly
>>       before the performance begins.
>>
>> We are facing an unprecedented global emergency, the planet is in
>> crisis and we are in the midst of a mass extinction event. Scientists
>> believe we have entered a period of abrupt climate breakdown. Carbon
>> emissions and temperatures keep rising; ecological collapse has begun.
>> On this course we are likely?to see abrupt and irreversible devastation.
>> The time for denial is over ? we know the truth about climate change. It
>> is time to act.
>>
>> Letters to the Earth is a joint day of action on Friday 12 April 2019:
>> letters written by people from around the world will be read out at
>> theatres, arts venues, community spaces around the UK, and online in
>> UpStage. The pieces will then be made rights free and available for
>> anyone to download and present anywhere in the world from 15th ? 28th
>> April, coinciding with the International Extinction Rebellion and
>> School Strike For Climate. These pieces could be taken up to be
>> presented and performed globally, when hundreds of thousands of people
>> will be taking to the streets worldwide to demand that governments
>> tell the truth about climate collapse and act accordingly.
>>
>> The readings in UpStage will be performed by Clara Gomes, Miljana Peri?,
>> Katarina Djordjevi? Urosevi?, Lyn Cunningham, Suzon Fuks and Helen
>> Varley
>> Jamieson.
>>
>> Please remember: UpStage does not work on tablets or smartphones as it
>> requires Flash to deliver everything to the browser. We are working on
>> a new platform that doesn?t require Flash, but it takes time and money!
>> (If you can help us, please donate to UpStage.)
>>
>> --
>>
>> helen varley jamieson
>>
>> he...@creative-catalyst.com
>> http://www.creative-catalyst.com