// PARADIGM_SHIFT #3 // ✌️ Free entrance #mappingfestival #geneva Friday, May
24 | 5pm – 6.30pm

Keynote speech 1 – Unlocking Proprietorial Systems: For a More Expansive
Artistic Practice

💭 "What role do arts-led cultural producers working with #technology play in
unlocking the proprietorial systems that dominate everyday social interactions
online & offline? ✌️

Marc Garrett’s Keynote asks, what role do arts-led cultural producers working
with technology play in unlocking the proprietorial systems that dominate our
everyday social interactions both online and offline? It examines approaches,
expressions and agency in cultural production, highlighting those actively
finding ways around these locked in systems.

I'm Looking forward to this. It will be the first time where the research
material I have spent years writing gets aired in front of an audience. That
material is part of a much larger PhD thesis. However, the themes in this paper
present ideas that focus on how artists, hackers, and radical thinking
academics can collaboratively forge with arts led organisations, new &
emancipatory ways of reclaiming technology use & re-examining our bio-political
relationship with different methods of decentralisation, & invasive forms of
dominance.

https://buff.ly/2GB4UPa

Marc Garrett

Co-Founder, Co-Director, main editor for Furtherfield. Art, technology & social
change, since 1996 http://www.furtherfield.org

Furtherfield Gallery & Commons in the park. Finsbury Park, London N4 2NQ
http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery

Just finished PhD at Birkbeck University, London. Title -- 'Furthefield: Twenty
years of Art, Technology & Social Change.

Recent publications:

Artists Re:thinking the Blockchain. Eds, Ruth Catlow, Marc Garrett, Nathan
Jones, & Sam Skinner. Liverpool Press - http://bit.ly/2x8XlMK

State Machines: Reflections & Actions at the Edge of Digital Citizenship,
Finance, & Art. Edited by Yiannis Colakides, Marc Garrett, Inte Gloerich.
Institute of Network Cultures, Amsterdam 2019 http://bit.do/eQgg3