On 2019-05-01 5:00 a.m., Andreas Maria Jacobs (nictoglobe) via
NetBehaviour wrote:
> And this?
>
> https://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=3136559

Nakamoto mentions their sources in the bibliography to the Bitcoin
Whitepaper, so I'm not sure how people lost track of its lineage. Both
proponents and critics seem to have though so this is a very useful essay.

These statements leapt out as things I have been trying to draw people's
attention to:

"by tracing the origins of the ideas in bitcoin, we can zero in on
Nakamoto's true leap of insight—the specific, complex way in which the
underlying components are put together."

"It might come as a surprise to you that Nakamoto doesn't mention that
term [blockchain] at all."